Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Are they *trying* to create a repeat customer??

There was a fat-ish envelope from my insurance waiting for me when I got home from work this evening. I opened it up and just about fell over. Unless more bills come in, we're looking at a total cost of right around $100,000 for everything.

If I didn't have good health insurance, that would bankrupt us, really and truly. I read a statistic online the other day that said that something like 65% of new bankruptcies in the US are related to medical costs. I believe it.

And even though the vast majority of it IS being taken care of by insurance, we're still going to have to pay a decent chunk ourselves, and I have a lump in my throat and my chest is a little tight.

Not to sound whiny, but we're going to end up selling some stuff, probably via yard sale. I'll most likely start making jewelry and soaps again and get serious about selling them. Costs will be cut. Whatever 10th wedding anniversary travel plans we've had have gone out the window.

But we'll get through this. Things could have been much worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment