Monday, April 20, 2009

What's baby and what's bathwater?

As you might expect after a life-changing event, I'm contemplating some changes in my life, a rearrangement of priorities, a sorting of the wheat from the chaff.

This is going to be a slow process. I'm not going to make any rash decisions about which hobbies to toss or which activities to curtail.

I'll probably keep Facebook but end up killing all the assorted apps attached to it; I mean, do I really care about Superpoking all of my friends--really?

Do I care about what the crackpot fundaloonies are saying? Probably, but I don't have the hit-points to respond, and I need to work on reducing areas of stress in my life.

My top priority for the next three months is obviously going to be cardiac rehab.

As for the rest, the trick is to make sure I don't throw the baby out with the bathwater, as they say.

Do I like fanzines enough to keep producing one? I'm not sure. Do I enjoy the local sf club enough to keep on being the social coordinator? Probably, but we'll see. As for gaming, I have some thoughts there but want to talk it over with the gaming group first.

Then there's the fact that if he doesn't find a job, my best friend in the whole world may well end up moving back to Asheville in four months, and I want to spend a lot of quality time with him before he leaves town (possibly for good, because my fear is that if he leaves the Triangle this time, he won't make it back again).

So. Lots to think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment