OK ladies, it's October, and we all know what that means--pink everywhere you look. :)
The breast cancer awareness folks have really done a stellar job getting the word out, and the evidence is all around us this month, awash in pink.
What I propose to do is create a list of pink products, so that we can then contact those businesses and ask them what they plan to do for American Heart Month in February, given that heart disease kills five times as many women as breast cancer.
Here's a couple I've found so far; please feel free to add to this list.
1. Coldwater Creek's Try it on for the Cure:
2. Dansko's Pink Ribbon clog:
3. The Hunger Site, where you click once/day to give free food, has several sister sites, including a breast cancer one where you can click to fund free mammograms for women in need:
4. Web search company Yahoo! is going pink for October, too:
5. Dannon Light & Fit Yogurt's "Give Hope With Every Cup" donates $ from specially-market yogurt cups to the National Breast Cancer Foundation:
Ultimately, I'd like to see February turned as red as October is pink.
What I don't want is for this post to turn into a sort of "my disease is worse than yours" thing. Cancer is bad, and so's heart disease; it's safe to say that no one ever wants to get either one.
What I'm saying is that we can learn from the breast cancer publicity machine, so send me those links to the pink products/services you've found so far. :)